Welcome to part #2
Tomorrow morning we will board a plane to Miami and head straight to the art fair. Setup for begins Tuesday from 8am to 8pm and Wednesday from 9 to 2pm. If everything goes according to plan, the artwork, my team, my wife and I will arrive at the fair Tuesday morning to start the process of unpacking, hanging and getting ready for Wednesday’s VIP Opening.
At this point, I have a pretty good idea how the work will be curated within my booth but things may change once we get there. I have already made contact with the shipping company and everything looks to be on time. All I am doing today is packing and going through a list of things not to forget. Here is my list:
- Comfortable shoes
- Plenty of Business cards
- iPad full of images from my gallery artists
- Price lists
- Artwork labels
- Red dots
- Packing tape
- Masking tape
- Tool box (already shipped with artwork)
- White paint for touchups (already shipped with artwork)
- Shrink wrap roll (already shipped)
- vinyl signage for artist name above the work
- Sign up book to collect contact information and take notes
- Binder with artists bios or artists catalogs
- Tape measure
- Square & Intuit Credit Card Readers
- Energy bars
My wife and I will be gone for an entire week so making sure we leave everyhing ready at home is another story. More than anything, we need to make sure we arrive as rested as possible. It is going to be a hectic time as soon as we hit the fair.
See you in Miami!!
[…] my previous posts (Part 1 and Part 2), I have been describing the process preparing for the fair. On this one, I will start the process […]